OCEAN HOLIDAYS CORNWALL COVID-19 POLICY
As things continue to change, develop and with all our fingers and toes crossed improve, we’ll keep updating this policy.
NEW BOOKINGS CANCELLATION POLICY
With an ever evolving situation we want our guests to rest assured we have their interests at heart. We need to keep adjusting this policy due to the new situations which arise.
When booking a holiday direct with Ocean Holidays Cornwall you can rest assured if further national travel restrictions are reinstated that prevent Ocean Holidays Cornwall from honouring your holiday a full credit for the amount paid will be offered or you can opt for a refund of the amount paid less our booking fee of £20.*
When booking a holiday direct with Ocean Holidays Cornwall you can rest assured if there are local restrictions in the location you are travelling to, the property location, or from the home address we have on file for the lead booker, that prevent Ocean Holidays Cornwall from honouring your holiday a full credit for the amount paid will be offered or you can opt for a refund for the amount paid less our booking fee of £20.
For all other eventualities our standard terms and conditions apply, this includes a positive covid test. Insurance policies are now available for this.
*Why do we charge the booking fee? As a business each card payment we accept has a direct cost attached, in these abnormal times the card fees on cancelled bookings has become a genuine burden. This is why we offer a credit note with no such fee attached.
The onus is on you the customer to ensure you are allowed to travel and that your party conforms to the regulations. With varying restrictions across the UK we need you to be aware of how these will affect you and take responsibility of this. You may find the following useful: https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions
SERVICING, HYGIENE AND CLEANING – YOUR SAFETY AT HEART
We’re here to make your holiday amazing, manage the implications of the pandemic/endemic and keep our staff and you, our guests, safe to.
What are you doing to reduce the risk to us, the guest?
We’ve been delving into WHO, PASC, HSE and .GOV and using them as our resources. We’ve also been on an infection control course to fully understand the risks of transmission. Here are some snippets of things we’ll be doing.
– Individual property COVID-19 risk assessments.
– We encourage our staff to be fully vaccinated.
– Each member of staff will be provided with suitable PPE.
– We will take extra care on high touch point areas and ensure they are disinfected correctly.
– We may still have some items removed or changed, we are easing this where at all possible.
– We use a colour coded cleaning system ensuring the right cloth is used with the right product in the right place.
– Our linen is washed at high temperatures, ironed at 170c.
– Hand washing is one of the most effective ways of breaking the infection chain. Our staff are actively encouraged to regularly wash their hands with hot water and soap and top up between washes with hand sanitiser.
– We will work to the Government COVID-19 Secure guidelines.
How will I be affected as a guest?
We will require our guests to adhere to some new policies, by doing so you are helping reduce the spread of infection and keeping out staff safe, so all for a good cause.
– Check-in 5pm latest, we’ll contact you on the day if it’s ready earlier. We will keep this under regular review.
– Check-out – 9.30am and a text to our team to let us know you have departed.
– Beds and towels stripped and placed in provided bags prior to departure.
– Zero food waste or washing up to be left in property.
– Zero rubbish or recycling in property, all to be placed in external provided bins.
– We understand sometimes you need our help during your stay, we’re here to do so. We may request a Facetime/Video call to resolve issues rather than face to face.
What if I have symptoms of COVID-19?
To ensure the wellbeing of our guests, staff and contractors if you or any of your party are showing symptoms as described by the UK Government Advice you must not enter the property.
If you have symptoms during your stay you must get tested and the result must be presented to us, Ocean Holidays Cornwall. If positive the guest must leave immediately if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason it is not, and self isolation is required to take place at the property, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest.
Our customer service team is remote for much of the working week. We can only take one call at a time but we will always endeavour to return voicemails and missed calls as soon as possible.
HOMEAWAY & AIRBNB BOOKINGS
If you have booked via an alternative channel such as HomeAway or AirBnB your cancellation terms and other policies may be different to the above. Please contact the relevant sites for more information and if you require any assistance please message us through the respective messaging boards.
HomeAway COVID-19 Policy – https://help.homeaway.co.uk/articles/What-can-I-do-if-my-reservation-is-affected-by-the-Coronavirus